Sunday 12 September 2010

From Retreat to a Short Break


Through the kindness of a lay member of the Alliance of The Holy Family I was able to travel to the Monastery of The Holy Angels, Hanceville, Alabama (Mother Angelica's Monastery) for a short retreat. The theme was, "Healing and Deliverance". The schedule was punishing - eleven hours travelling (the same both ways), two and a half days intensive conference and prayer (4 talks each full day), and I hardly slept (on average only three hours per night). I have been wanting to return to Hanceville (I was there three years ago for a similar retreat) and count this as a gift from God. The photograph above does not do justice to the remarkable shrine which has to be seen to be believed. It is a very special place. I did not see Mother Angelica this time. She is about 90 now and mostly confined to bed.

Here is a link to The Alliance of The Two Hearts (Holy Family International)


From this retreat I am taking a few days (left over from a very scattered holiday) and then, towards the end of the month I am off to Lourdes with some of my parishioners and others from the local deanery. God is (VERY) good.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you manage to catch up on your sleep Father, and don't forget the Pope's coming!!

    ReplyDelete