Saturday 11 April 2009

Happy Easter (almost)


For me, Easter will always be incomplete until I can share it with my brothers and sisters in the Eastern Orthodox Churches. So, I wish anyone who reads this a very happy Easter, and I will do it again on and after April 19!
This evening at the Vigil, the music was not a great success. My organist bravely attempted to sing the psalms and it didn't quite come off! I managed the Exsultet quite well, but when it came to the blessing of the water and the font, I decided to sing the blessing. I started off in the wrong key which soon became a minor key! I tried to correct it as I went along, but it got weirder and weirder until it seemed to me that I was singing an Orthodox chant - so, I "went with it" as they say and thought about Christian Unity! The water was blessed, and the congregation didn't bat an eyelid.

1 comment:

  1. I have just come across your blog, Father, and wanted to say thank for all your work.

    I read with particular interest your blog on the Mandatum and the error of washing the feet of women, I whole-heartedly agree with your comment and think your stance was a wise one. I know of a few other priests who would take the same view.

    God bless and wishing you the joys of Easter.

    ReplyDelete