Monday 9 November 2009

Retreating


I shall be in Chicago over the coming week-end helping to give a retreat on the theme of The Sacred Heart. Whilst there, I shall also be praying for those Anglicans and Episcopalians who are asking themselves (and the good Lord) how they can move forward in relation to the Roman Catholic Church. I know that the retreatants, who are ALL committed to the cause of Christian Unity, will also be praying for our brothers and sisters in the Anglican communities and parishes. Whatever happens and however individuals and groups begin to plan ahead, I know that all of us on the retreat will be asking God's blessings on everyone.
To those who are looking for some kind of vision of unity, I recommend the writings known as "True Life in God". I met a Welsh Anglican some years ago (a priest) who was reading them. He was struggling with some of the things he found there, but told me that he could not deny that the one who was speaking through these writings is the same one who is preseent when he celebrates the Eucharist. Many others, Anglicans, Lutherans, Catholics and others have found great inspiration and comfort in these messages. See the links on the right for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment